CHOOSING THE RIGHT COUNTERTOP FOR YOUR NEEDS
Your home’s countertops see a lot of action. From wine spills to coloring adventures, it’s important that your countertops can handle whatever your life brings. Whether you are building a new home or considering a remodel, choosing the right material for your countertops makes all the difference. The right countertop will match your lifestyle and stay looking great for years to come. How do you choose the right countertops surfaces in Cumming? Here are a few things to consider.
- Stain resistance. What happens in your kitchen and bathrooms on a daily basis? Some people use a lot of makeup and products in their bathrooms while others rarely spend time getting ready in theirs. Many people cook every night in their kitchens while others only use it to warm up take out. No matter what you use your countertops for, it’s important to assess how stain-resistant they need to be. Granite, Formica, quartz, and Corian are all extremely resilient. Because they are non-porous, they are stain-resistant. Other materials such as marble and wood tend to soak up stains.
- Styling. While you want a high-quality, resilient countertop, you also want it to look good in your kitchen or bathroom. Consider the style that you are going for. If you are looking for a sleek, modern design, poured concrete or stainless steel is a great option. For those who want a farmhouse look, perhaps butcher block or quartz is a better choice. In some cases, you can add different countertop materials to an island. This is a great way to play with textures and make your kitchen pop.
- Maintenance. How busy are you? If you can’t possibly add one more thing to your list of things to do, a low-maintenance countertop material may be best. Laminate, quartz, and stainless steel are all fairly easy to maintain. Other countertops, such as soapstone, granite, and marble, may require sealing or other occasional maintenance services to ensure that they stay looking great.
- Cost. Different countertop materials will be sold at different price points. Before you begin shopping for a countertop, it’s important to set a budget. The most expensive countertop materials are marble, stainless steel, solid surfaces, and sandstone. If you’re looking for a countertop material that looks great but won’t break the bank, consider laminate, butcher block, or quartz.
- Color. If you have a specific color in mind for your countertops, it could limit your material options. Stainless steel, for example, doesn’t have many options to choose from. Granite, solid surfaces, marble, and quartz have countless patterns and color choices.
- Easy to clean. Some countertop materials are difficult to clean and sanitize. Wood or butcher block tends to harbor bacteria and requires a specific cleaning method. Marble and granite shouldn’t be cleaned with harsh chemicals or acidic cleansers, as they can damage the surface. The easiest countertop materials to clean are quartz and laminate.
There are many different countertop materials in Cumming to choose from. If you’re not sure which is right for your home, consider meeting with a professional. With an expert on your side, you’ll be able to find the right countertop to suit your style and needs.